The Safety Vault is a type of vault used in parkour and freerunning. Often recommended as the first vault to learn, it is considered one of the easiest vaults, and many other vaults are variations of it. It also does not require any commitment (it is one of the few vaults than can be performed slowly), it is not as intimidating to perform as more advanced vaults, and it can be used when momentum has been lost.
- Run towards an obstacle to be vaulted
- Place left hand on the obstacle (reverse if doing it the other way)
- Place right foot on the obstacle
- Step through with the left leg
- Release the hand and run out or move smoothly to next obstacle