An Aerial is a movement commonly utilized in tricking and freerunning. It is also common in martial arts. It is almost identical to a cartwheel, except without placing the hands on the ground (and as a result must be faster).
- The most important progression is the basic cartwheel. Make sure you can do this well before attempting an aerial.
- A high butterfly kick is also a good progression towards an aerial.
- Once you have a good cartwheel, work on doing a one-handed cartwheel, an elbow cartwheel, and a basic cartwheel with your hands touching the ground as lightly as possible.
- Remember to push off your standing leg and swing the kicking leg hard to give the momentum you need.
- Good leg flexibility will help.